After a long winter indoors, summer is the time to get more exercise, eat better and make healthy choices with these 8 summer steps for healthy living.
- Increase your exercise by cycling, swimming, walking, hiking or playing outdoor games with the family.
- Make flossing your teeth a daily ritual to improve oral health while fighting bacteria.
- Add blackberries, blueberries and red strawberries to your daily diet to increase antioxidants, which can help to keep cholesterol in check and may fight some forms of cancer.
- Mental and physical stress can be reduced by gardening and planting.
- Switching from hard alcohol to light alcoholic beverages improves overall health and helps to fight against heart disease.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule, and avoid afternoon naps unless it’s part of your routine.
- Reduce stress and high blood pressure by taking a well-deserved vacation.
Eight simple steps are all it takes to improve your health and have a great summer!