The sun provides us with a wealth of benefits, but it can also cause you to look older, damage your skin and may cause skin cancer. Discover how to sun-proof and age-proof your skin with these simple tips.
- Don’t utilize tanning booths that have intense UVA rays that damage the skin.
- Protect yourself from the strong rays of sun by staying in a shady spot.
- Avoid the strongest sun from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Consider wearing high-SPF clothing that can provide additional sun protection.
- Wearing loose pants and a long-sleeved shirt during the sunniest part of the day shields your skin from burning rays.
- Protect your neck, ears and face by wearing a canvas hat with a wide brim.
- Utilize sunglasses to block strong UV rays and protect skin around your eyes from tiny lines and wrinkles.
- Apply a quality sunscreen product 20 minutes before going out into the sun. Reapply sunscreen every two hours for maximum effect.
- Those with fair skin should use common sense, and take protective measures to avoid damaging rays from the sun.
You can avoid signs of aging brought on by too much sun exposure and may prevent cancer by using sunscreen, covering your skin and taking smart precautions.